Sign of Greatness:The Tale of Barack Scobama

Monday, February 16, 2009




Young Scolla of USR brings the heat on his latest mixtape. This is NOT another Hood Tracks Anthem as so many Detroit Artists put out on mixtapes. Young Scolla has put thought and effort into each one of his songs. The difference between this mixtape and other artists I have heard is the depth and variety. Original beats, guest appearances and quality vocals make it seem more like an album; a finished product rather than an attempt to hustle by making a couple tracks in someone's basement. The project has more ups than downs. Tracks including, Dont You Know; Like Me and Dreams to Reality are radio ready hits and Infatuation ft.K-Bunz is byfar my favorite thanks to a familiar sample. Scolla braves the waters of singing WITHOUT Autotune. That alone deserves its own praise, but this isnt about my vendetta against the machine. Bottom line is this is a good album and I like it. The track by track rundown puts this piece of work above average. Job Well Done Sir Scolla.



I got Dibbs on my copy. Get yours!!
click on the album pic to hear more from Young Scolla on his blog.


4.2 outta 5 thumbs up!!

Dueces!!

http://www.myspace.com/darryldibbs

1 what u think:

YoungScolla said...

This is mad dope, and I appreciate it fam. I'm gonna do a post about it and your blog on my blog as soon as I get a chance. (Probably in a few minutes).

Thanks once again

also my new mixtape (street album), "Prelude To Perfection" is dropping this April. It will be 23 original tracks. Hosted By HipHopUpdate.blogspot.com and executive produced by my production group "The Xtraordinary Gentlemen" and my manager "Zekiel Nicholson".

Post a Comment

 
◄Design by Pocket